Long time no see, adventurers!
It’s been a while since we’ve posted an honest to goodness dev diary about Heroes of Legionwood, so we thought we’d just report in and let you guys know what’s going on with End of Days, the third and final episode of the game.
The good news is that work on Heroes of Legionwood: End of Days is well underway and, despite some initial hurdles and delays, we’re well on track to release early next year. We don’t want to reveal too much about the content of the episode at this point (mostly because some of it still subject to change) but in terms of story and player choices this is going to be the biggest installment yet, and simply taking into account everything you may have done so far in Episodes 1 and 2 is no mean feat!
That said, here’s a quick list of things that will definitely be making it into the episode, and our main priorities at the moment:
- Different opening questlines depending on your faction choice in Episode 2.
- Continuation of your companion friendships, rivalries and romances.
- Branching mid-game questlines to account for even more choices.
- The chance to permanently lose party members.
- More revelations about the Darkness and hints concerning its origins.
- Multiple endings.
At this stage, we’re aiming for a February 2017 release, but this isn’t set in stone as this episode is easily the most ambitious one we’ve done so far. Stay tuned towards the end of the year as we’ll slowly dole out more previews and info about the episode’s content and story.